Temporary residence permit
Documents for temporary residence permits can be submitted within or out with the quota.
The most widespread grounds for receiving documents out with the quota are as follows:
- a spouse who has Russian citizenship;
- a child who has reached the age of 18, who is a Russian citizen;
- place of birth in the RF;
- parents who have reached retirement age, who are Russian citizens.
In all other cases documents for a temporary residence permit are only received within the quota system.
After receiving a temporary residence permit a foreign national has a certain number of advantages and disadvantages including the following:
- possibility of remaining in the RF without leaving for up to 3 years;
- a work permit is obtained out with the quota according to the simplified procedure, as for CIS-citizens, but the foreign national can only work in the constituent entity of the RF where he is registered;
- necessity to be in the RF for no less than 180 days a year;
- a foreign national, who has entered the RF on a visa, can obtain a multiple entry visa for the duration of the temporary residence permit.
The processing time for the temporary residence permit is 6 months (for CIS-citizens up to 3 months). The temporary residence permit is issued for a period of 3 years. When extending the temporary residence permit it is necessary to submit documents at least 6 months before the expiry of the current temporary residence permit.